Get a step up on learning today: Attend DevNetwork conferences to learn software & engineering best practices. See https://www.devnetwork.com/. DevNetwork is the global community for developers—and software engineers & architects, managers, product leaders, and all technology/IT professionals & executives—solving for the worldwide innovation and advancement of the developer & engineering industry.
DeveloperWeek 2020 – PRO Session: Open-Core vs. Closed-Core Business Strategies
– Kyle Campbell, CTO.ai, Founder and CEO
– Dan Shaw, Open Source Leader
– Michael Glukhovsky, Stripe, Developer Relations
During this panel session, Kyle Campbell will engage panelists with questions to get their POV on open-core vs. closed-core business strategies.
More specifically, we’ll cover the following:
– How to choose the right fit for your organization
– What to consider in terms of cost, usability and security
– How to maintain a proper framework for innovation by leveraging online communities
– Why companies should invest in releasing open-source software
– How to run an effective open-source community (at scale)
– Creating a business model as an open-source company
Session details: https://developerweek2020.sched.com/event/ZOnG
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.